10 in 100.
I love the idea of those “101 things in 1001 days” lists. I’ve always wanted to make one, but I get to about 30 things and feel really overwhelmed. So when my friend Andi posted about creating a 10 in 100 days list to help her accomplish some of her 2011 goals over the summer, I thought, What a great idea! And I knew exactly what I wanted to focus on in my 10 in 100 list: making the most of our neighborhood.
We live in a fantastic area of the city. We’re close to (in fact, it’s practically part of) downtown and some amazing shops, restaurants, galleries, etc. We LOVE it down here, but truth be told, as I think is the case for a lot of people, we just don’t take advantage of all that we’re able to see and do here. One of my 2011 goals is to “Explore our neighborhood more and really take advantage of our surroundings,” and we have been sorely lacking in that department as of late. So my 10 in 100 list all revolves around things to do in our neighborhood and the surrounding areas. As I accomplish them (in no particular order) over the next 100 days, I’ll do a post on each!
Start Date: Friday, May 6, 2011
End Date: Tuesday, August 16, 2011
1. Host or attend a party on the Pedal Tavern.
2. Go to Jazz in the Park & have a picnic using our new picnic supplies we received as wedding gifts!
3. Visit the Milwaukee Art Museum.
4. Go to the Easttown Farmer’s Market.
5. Attend at least one new festival (this will be tough for me—we go to SO many!).
6. Visit at least two restaurants in the neighborhood that we’ve never been to before. (I’m visiting a new one tonight!)
7. Spend a day thrifting & window-shopping at all the cool shops in the Third Ward.
8. Have a meal AT the Milwaukee Public Market.
9. Attend a Gallery Night event.
10. Walk to Alterra at the Lake for coffee on a leisurely Saturday morning.
Have you made a 101 in 1001 list? How much have you accomplished so far?