Summer To Do List
My apologies for my blogging absence last week. But it was for good reason: my best friend B got married! I was the Matron of Honor, so understandably, I was busy busy busy all week. I’ll be doing a full recap on my wedding blog, but here’s a sneak peek:
She was a beautiful bride and the wedding was a total blast.
And with B’s wedding over, that wraps up our plans for the summer. YEP, you read that right. We had 6 weeks of unadulterated CRAZINESS, from May through June—plans every weekend, traveling all over the state, two weddings in two weeks…it was nuts and I am tired. While everything we saw and did was a total blast and I love being young and social, sometimes, you just want a weekend at home. It’s so nice to know that we literally have NOTHING planned for almost the rest of the summer. We have one trip planned for a “cousins reunion” of sorts at our family cabin in July, and we have friends coming to visit us from Chicago in August, but that’s it! It feels SO NICE, I can’t even tell you. We can do whatever we want for the rest of the summer—so priceless.
So, here’s my Summer To Do List—aka, the things I want to accomplish aside from my 10 in 100 list:
1) Clean out my closet. OMG it’s a disaster, you don’t even want to know.
2) Get back down to my happy weight—I’ve been a little lax lately. I don’t talk a lot about my weight on here (after all, I’m still a Calorie King member and blog privately there as well), but I’m currently a few pounds over my “happy weight”—that is, the weight that I can easily maintain, that I feel I look the best at. This is easily doable just by moving more and continuing to watch what I eat. I have lots of Bikram yoga (huge calorie burner for me) & walking planned (I can commute to work via walking).
3) Do up a bunch of fun home & craft projects I’ve found on Pinterest. (Are you following me yet?) I am actually starting a project tonight: a chalkboard paint covered “S” (for our last name) to hang on our front door (with our apartment number written in chalk on it).
4) Finish up my 1o in 100 list. I’ve been doing excellently on this and totally owe you guys an update!
5) Read more books. Obviously. And write more reviews! I’ve been lax on that.
***Edited to Add*** I thought of a few more things I wanted to put on my list but couldn’t remember them this morning! They are:
6) Finish choosing the photos for our wedding album. Yes, we still have to do this—horrible, I know. It’s just SO HARD to choose the photos, we love them all!
7) Choose a wedding photo for a canvas gallery wrap. I bought a Living Social Deal for a nice canvas wrap a few months back, and we need to use the deal!
8) Organize our home office, including getting organized in the coupon department. I’m thinking I’ll use tips from one of my favorite organization blogs, IHeart Organizing.
So, there you go. Some fun summer to-dos. What’s on your summer to-do list?