Things I Am Currently Obsessed With
1. My shellac manicure. I got it last Friday with my BFF before her wedding, and I took this picture yesterday, 5 days later. Look, no chips! And I TYPE all day long!
It’s awesome and I’ll never go back.
2. Bikram Yoga. I’ve been doing Bikram on a semi-regular basis for the past two years. I recently decided I wanted to be more consistent with my practice, and so, I am suspending my gym membership for the summer to focus solely on Bikram and running. Enter today’s Groupon, which ironically is for a 20-class pass at my studio! This is totally awesome because TODAY I was going to buy a month’s worth of unlimited classes for nearly twice as much. Score!
This is my studio and I LOVE IT!
Also, pet peeve: Bikram yoga is not synonymous for hot yoga. It is a form of hot yoga, but saying “I do Bikram!” when you actually go to a hot power flow class is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. Bikram is strictly regulated and consists of 26 postures, each done twice in a room heated 105 degrees & 40% humidity. It is NOT your mother’s hot yoga.
3. PINTEREST! I can’t get enough. I never knew what people were talking about when they said how cool it was, but oh, I get it now. Basically, it’s like having a big virtual bulletin board. Instead of bookmarking all the cool things I see & want to remember for the future (nursery ideas, craft projects, cute outfits, etc) and thus filling up my bookmarks bar, I can instead “pin them” to my Pinterest boards and access them from anywhere. It’s AWESOME.
Here’s a few of my Pinterest boards. It’s the coolest thing ever!
Plus, I get great ideas when I see what others have pinned, like my chalkboard table or this:
4. Galoshes. Because my office flooded this week. Again. It happens at least once a summer.
I have a J Crew pair from a few years ago, but I’d love to get a pair of these.
I’m thinking Christmas present maybe? (Hint, hint, honey!)
5. The food blog Can You Stay For Dinner? My sister introduced me to it and I just love the author Andie’s love for life and her attitudes about food and health. It’s just what I need in my life right now. Plus, she posts delicious recipes like this one:
Yes, those would be homemade tator tots. HOLY YUM.
6. Garlic Gold Nuggets. This ish is the BOMB. My sister bought me a sampler pack of four varieties and I put it on everything—eggs, salads, soups, popcorn, pasta…it’s so good!
7. My new swimsuit! I bought this one and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
Now, if only it would stop raining long enough for me to go to the beach.
What are some things you’re loving right now?